List of Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Resources for Workers compiled by the California Labor Federation AFL-CIO. For Current Updates, please visit:
Support Services for Workers
- Summary Chart: Benefit for Workers Impacted by COVID-19
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – FAQs on laws enforced by the California Labor Commissioner’s Office
- California’s paid sick days law and coronavirus
- Information on Disability Insurance (DI), Paid Family Leave (PFL), and Unemployment Insurance (UI).
- Support Services for those who are Sick or Quarantined, Caregiving, or Dealing with Reduced Work Hours
- Filing for an Unemployment Insurance Claim for Wages and Hours reduced (Work Sharing Program)
- Online videos for UI Online: https://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/UI_Online_Videos.htm
- Legal Aid at Work COVID-19 Fact Sheet (FAQ is also available in Spanish and Chinese)
Governor Newsom announced a new California COVID-19 website with resources, info, latest numbers, & public service announcement
- Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Suspend Standardized Testing for Students in Response to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Governor Newsom Takes Emergency Actions & Authorizes $150 Million in Funding to Protect Homeless Californians from COVID-19
- Governor Newsom Signs Executive Order to Allow Timely Delivery of Vital Goods During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Governor Newsom issued an executive order to protect ongoing safety net services for most vulnerable Californians during COVID-19 outbreak. Read the Governor’s response here
- Governor Newsom issued an executive order on the coronavirus that includes waiving the one-week waiting period for unemployment and disability insurance. Read the Governor’s entire response here.
- Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Protect Renters and Homeowners During COVID-19 Pandemic. Read the Governor’s response here.
Union Resources on COVID-19
California’s unions are on the front lines of the fight against COVID-19. Keep up-to-date with the latest information
- California Nurses Association
- California Professional Firefighters (IAFF)
- IFPTE Local 21
- SEIU 1021
- CTA Toolkit for Educators
- SEIU 521
- AFM 47
- Teamster Local 399
- North America’s Building Trades Unions issued specific advice for construction industry employers to protect construction professionals from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.
- And finally, the AFL-CIO is tracking the federal response. View all the federal resources compiled by the AFL-CIO here.
Central Labor Council Resources
- Los Angeles County Federation of Labor resources & information
- Contra Costa Labor Council Know Your Rights during COVID-19
Gig Workers and Contractors
- The COVID-19 is wrecking havoc on gig workers who lack financial safety and basic protections. View all federal and state resources for gig workers here
COVID-19 Social Safety Net Resources
- Food assistance (benefitscal.org), (cafoodbanks.org)
- Rent assistance (needhelppayingbills.com)
- Utility assistance (ca.gov)
- Medical assistance (ca.gov)
COVID-19 Resources en Español
- OSHA standards protecting workers from COVID-19.
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- CDC: Plan, Prepare and Respond to Coronavirus Disease